Jobs @ Patriot Boot Camp
Community Manager (Part-Time)
Patriot Boot Camp, a Techstars affiliated non-profit, is looking for a tech-savvy self-starter who can work closely with our community to help build the next generation of incredible tech founders.
Since 2012, Patriot Boot Camp has been on a mission to help military spouse and veteran tech founders grow and scale their startups. The core three-day program provides attendees with mentors, resources, and programming to provide them with a fundamental level of knowledge which gives them the best chance for success.
As the Community Manager you will be responsible for post-program alumni support, social network campaign management, and to ensure we are capturing data that will enable Patriot Boot Camp to showcase the value we provide to our financial constituents. This is a remote location job.
What does success look like?
You will be tasked with ensuring we are growing our digital footprint through social media outreach and campaigns, working closely with our pr firms to advocate various technology outlets to pitch Patriot Boot Camp, as well as working to be a connector between our community and the various resources needed to help them build and grow their businesses. You will be measured on how well you will be able to gather concise and detailed data as it relates to our alumni companies and founders. The data you collect will be used to provide our sponsors and partners with information that will drive their financial commitments.
- Grow and develop a professional network to help connect our alumni with resources and mentors post-program
- Work to maintain a good relationship with our alumni to gather feedback and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Gather and maintain data as it relates to our alumni companies and founders
- Manage social media accounts and campaigns
- Develop and execute post-program surveys
- Work with the leadership team to develop detailed reports to send to our community for use in foundation, grant, and sponsorship applications and reporting
- Work closely with our PR firm to establish media outlet relationships and advocate on behalf of Patriot Boot Camp
- Build and grow Patriot Boot Camp’s digital footprint as well as monitor our position within various digital channels
- Work closely with our Program Manager to ensure we are maintaining a world-class mentorship pool to be made available to our founders
- Assist at various Patriot Boot Camp events with a variety of tasks
- Send and maintain regular communication to our community and take feedback to ensure we are providing the best valuable possible for our founders, partners, and sponsors
Experience and Requirements:
- BA/BS in related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and multitasking skills
- Demonstrate good judgement, integrity, accountability, empathy, and dependability
- Strong community building experience
- Social Network management experience
- Be able to work as a part of a remote/distributed team
- Some travel required
- Passion for the veteran and military spouse community a HUGE plus
Please no 3rd parties.
Patriot Boot Camp is registered 501(c)(3) with headquarters based in Colorado and is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org